Thursday, June 16, 2011

Word of the day: Seat

Too tired to actually put more real story up here, so I thought I'd do something different.  I used a random word generator and got a word.  Then I wrote down something that happened with that word.  Yay.  Enjoy yourself.




Seat:

I've always been the type who loves cryptozoology.  I've read about every book in our high school library about the paranormal or things people just don't seem to know for certain about.  That, and my parents don't help either.  On TV we'd watch shows together about Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster.  I really got into that sort of thing.

One day I was walking down to the river with my dad.  There isn't much forest between my house and the water so I've never seriously considered a Sasquatch living back there or anything.  This particular day we rounded the bend in the river and from our vantage point on the story tall cliff we stood upon, I noticed something by the water.

From the looks of it, it was a person hunched over near the water's edge.  Maybe they were picking up rocks and collecting them like I sometimes did?  But I thought it odd that they were entirely an odd color of brownish-black.  All of a sudden, I knew.  That was a Bigfoot.  I quickly whipped up my camera and started taking pictures in hope that I would get a good shot and become some sort of famous world hero.  First person to capture a clear picture of Bigfoot...that would be pretty amazing.

After taking a few pictures my father asked what I was up to.  I glanced up at him thinking he must be insane for not noticing the beast I was trying to capture in the memory of my camera.  He looked at me and then down to the Bigfoot.  "Oh," he said, "Are you taking pictures of that old car seat?"

Yes, it seems that I was.  As we climbed down closer to the edge of the water we soon approached the 'Bigfoot'.  Smiling to myself, I thought back on  merely moments ago how determined I was to be the first to reveal the great Iowan Sasquatch.  I raised the camera back to my eye, and snapped one last picture to add to my collection.  This was certainly a moment I wasn't about to forget.

2 comments:

  1. hehehehehe :D funny! I would imagine you doing that Amy. Actually, I could imagine that happening to myself... I guess that's why we're friends! (I almost put "fried" there instead of friends...hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good times. I still have the pictures...

    ReplyDelete