Saturday, April 23, 2011

What is this? A new story??

Yeah, I don't know why I'm doing this.  I really just got bored the other night and opened a word document and just started typing.  We'll see how far it gets, or if I'll even want to continue it.  Also, I'm basing it off of my own life, so you'll see some definite similarities.  Like the dolls.  And fifth grade.  Yeah.  So, please to proofread for me Manda?

---

The Games (tentative title)

    I’ve been a participant of the games for as long as I can remember.  Ok, well maybe I’m exaggerating a little.  The first time I was enlisted in a game was the beginning of 3rd grade.  I remember because my teacher called in a complaint to my parents the next day because I fell asleep in class.  Of course, I didn’t know what had happened.  As far as I knew, the night before I’d had an extremely elaborate dream and had simply woken up very tired the day after.  I thought nothing special of it.

    From that moment on I daydreamed constantly of the world my mind had created on the special night.  At recess time I insisted my friends and I play games based off of my imaginary world.  They soon grew tired of them however, so we started playing with our dolls again.  Or as my friends would say, not dolls, action figures.  Every night after school I would fall asleep hoping to catch a glimpse of that ‘oh so real’ dream.  But I never did.

    After several years the memory started to fade from my mind.  I didn’t really care for my old world as much as I used to.  By the time I started 5th grade I hardly ever thought about going back, I just wanted to fit in and hang out with my friends but things are never that easy.

    The beginning of 5th grade.  I was so excited: new room, new teacher, new ways to prove myself.  But as the class settled down for class on the first day, something wasn’t right.  None of my friends were here.  I had to start scrambling to find people to sit next to during class and eagerly await the bell to dismiss us to recess.  That’s when I started talking to Taylor.  We had been friends in 2nd grade, but after that year she ditched us to hang out with what developed into the popular crowd.  On her own she was nice to talk to, but otherwise she was an insufferable pain in the rear.

    The two of us would sit next to each other because both of us had friends who were put into other classrooms.  During read aloud I would let her borrow my markers and we would sit and draw.  And when we were supposed to do our math assignments, we would whisper back and forth.  Taylor was the first person to introduce me to lucid dreaming, Wicca, and a whole assortment of other topics. But after a while her friends must have found out about our interactions because a couple of weeks before school let out for the summer she began distancing herself.

    That summer is when things really began to start off.  I was eleven years old and stuck at home all day long.  Seeing as I didn’t have anywhere to go I slept for nearly 14 hours of the day, waking up long enough to go eat something and maybe use the bathroom.  This is when I began having the dreams again.

3 comments:

  1. I REMEMBER THEM!! THE GAME!!! I REMEMBER!!! I KEPT MY LIST OF ALL THE DIFFERENT COLORS THEY WERE AND WHAT POWERS THEY HAD!!!!!! I STILL HAVE IT!!! XD

    KUNINN RIGHT?~!!....or however you spelled their name.... XD

    and this sounds all very... non-fiction so far... like, ALL OF IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, the game is not actual. I'm coming up with it now. But Kunin? I totally forgot about them!

    And I wanted the story so far to seem like it was somebody actually talking about their life. Hence the non-fictiony style. But I'll likely change some stuff so its not all about me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, how sad... lol okay! :D it sounds pretty good so far! the first sentence made me want to know what the games are... maybe you should capitalize it or something. The Games....heheh...

    ReplyDelete