I was sitting underneath this random tree and found the ground was littered with these things. I don't know if maybe cicadas are attracted to different kinds of trees more that others? Anyhow.
The reason these things are so fun to play with is they stick to things. The little claw thingies on the cicada's feel are still intact, even though the bug itself is long gone. So I can put them on my shirt and carry them around if I really wanted to. They also cling to hair, but I don't like putting them there. I had one get stuck once and I just don't really want to do that again.
Once I had them named I stuck them on the arm of my shirt and carried them to my next class. Sadly, nobody seemed to notice them, so only I knew of their true glory. Once class started I had to leave them outside. But after class they weren't there anymore. I can only hope Fredrick and Clarice are in the hands of someone who didn't mash them to death. Even though, ya know, they weren't alive.
But yeah. I really just wanted to share that. Because I'm awesome like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment