Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Silence

So, I had this dream the other night.

All I really remember is there was a book that every smart person in the world read.  It was called 'The Silence' and I think it might have been written by Steven King.  Some guy was giving me crap because I hadn't read it and so I must not be smart.  Evan was there, and I asked if he'd read the book.  He basically responded with, "Well yeah, every smart person has read that book."

So I set off to try and find the book, because I wanted to prove that I was smart too.  I knew my father had the book, because I remembered seeing it.  After searching the bookshelf in his room, I found the book's dust jacket.  It had this really creepy Easter Island head on the front.  But the book wasn't there.

I decided that it must be somewhere else in the house, so I ran to another room.  At this point, the place had changed so it was clearly not my house anymore.  I was searching this room that was painted pink and had fuzzy shelves.  At this point Jacob ran in and told me the weather was turning bad so I had to get inside.  I didn't understand, because the weather looked fine, and I was already inside.  But he was convinced that we had to get in a tent, because that was the safest place to go.  I guess we were on Savanna Studio again, but I don't know how we were at my house if that was the case.

In the end, I never actually found the book.  When I woke up, I did a Google search to see if I had actually heard of the book.  I even looked through my dad's personal library to see if I had actually seen a book like that there before.  Alas, I could not find a book, so I suppose I'll never be able to read it and validate my intelligence.  Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. Dumb book. It probably holds all the secrets of life, and dream you came so close to knowing them. So close.

    ReplyDelete