Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Russian Olive

The Russian Olive, or Elaeagnus angustifolia.  The most obvious feature will be the bark.  This is long and stripy, and peels off in strips.  It also kind of twists around the trunk of the tree.


From what I could find on Google, these are buds.  I also remember them being sort of white, so this is probably correct, however, I don't know if any branches will be low enough to see buds.



Also, something to keep in mind.  Younger growth has thorns.  So keep an eye out for that as well.

2 comments:

  1. I totally commented on this! Was it a bad comment? Did you remove it? Did it not send? These are the questions. If you got rid of it, I assume there is some sort of conspiracy. If it didn't post, I assume there is some sort of conspiracy. It's safe to say a conspiracy is involved somehow, though.
    Also, that tree is crazy, man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun fact, I got an email with the comment, but for some reason it isn't showing up here. Weird.

      Delete