Monday, July 15, 2013

The haunting

I don't really remember how this dream started.  I know there was a start, but I forgot to write it down after I woke up.  Oh well.

So anyway, I guess I'll just start out by saying that I had a monk or a priest or something staying at my house.  We called him Brother Fred.  At the same time, I was feeling weirdly uncomfortable with my life.  Like someone was constantly watching me.  Also, I think I may have seen this woman.  Because I knew what she looked like, and that she was haunting me.  She had long black hair, was about 5'9'' and wasn't fat, but heavy set.  I'm pretty sure she was supposed to be Japanese.

So, for some reason, I went to some elementary school and was meeting Brother Fred there.  There was another guy there, a bit taller than me.  I think he was supposed to be Brandon.  Anyway, Brother Fred explained that we were being haunted by an incubus, and we needed to wear specially blessed necklaces to help drive it away.  Now, in my dream, an incubus meant a Japanese ghost.  But I looked the word up, and apparently it means a male demon who has sex with sleeping women.  So, uh, yeah.

Anyway, disregarding that, Brother Fred gave the other boy and I each other's necklaces.  Because we had to put them on one another as part of the ceremony.  The other guy's necklace was a string of large, green and white beads.  Mine was a string of thick, orange, white and black beads on a shorter string, making it more of a choker.

At this point, I was freaking out because I was scared of the woman ghost, so I backed into a wall near the door.  The lights started flickering on and off, and the other guy started freaking out too.  We were pretty convinced that she was going to appear at any moment.  Brother Fred shouted that she was mocking us, and that we had to get on with the ceremony.

So I put the boy's necklace on him and the lights stopped going crazy.  We were both pretty excited about that.  He put my necklace on, and that was that.  Supposedly we were done and she would leave us alone.  So Brother Fred left the room to go do other things, I don't know.  After that, the lights on the outer edge of the room went dark, and the other guy and I were left in a small area of light.  We collapsed on the floor and were holding one another because we were beyond terrified and we just wanted Brother Fred to come back, because it was safe with him.

So I guess we got out of that situation somehow, and got back home.  I woke up the next morning and felt pretty good.  So I got out of bed to go and make some toast with honey.  Because I guess that's what I eat for breakfast.  As soon as I got out to the kitchen, I noticed the bread and honey was already out, and in a complete mess.  On top of the mess was a dagger that I had had in my room.  It was Japanese in origin and was now covered in honey and bread crumbs.  I started looking for Brother Fred, because this was obviously the incubus as work, but apparently he hadn't come home the night before.

I think after that I woke up in a state of panic because I wasn't sure if it was a dream or if I would wake up and see the woman's face staring at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment