Ever have one of those dreams where you wake up in the morning and have to check something to make sure it isn't true (or maybe that it is)? Well, I had that this morning. I had to make sure I still had ears.
--
So, I'm not really sure how I got there, but I was this guy who had gotten in some sort of horrible accident. I'd lost both of my ears, and had gauze wrapped around my head because the wounds hadn't healed. There was no pain though, which was good. But I did have something else that sucked rather quite a bit. Apparently the accident had caused me to go deaf, so I couldn't really hear. I could still pick up on some random vibrations, but that was about it.
I think there was something about how two other guys had gotten into the same scenario as I had, but I don't remember ever interacting with them at all. All three of us had lost both our hearing and our ears.
Anyway, I had to go to the doctors for some sort of check up. I'm not sure if it was for my ears or not, but I was in the waiting room. For some reason there was a bed in the waiting room, so I flopped down and just lied there. I could hear a sort of muffled vibration, but didn't really know what it was, so I sat up and just stayed there. The doctor walked in and saw my condition so he started apologizing. He signed something that meant he was sorry and that he didn't hear all that well either. I tried signing something back, but seeing as I didn't know any sign language it was just random hand motions, and then I said I didn't know much sign language. Because it was an accident, and I wasn't born deaf I could actually still talk.
I remember thinking that because I couldn't hear myself talking I could have been talking with the worst accent or slur, but the doctor didn't react at all, so there was no way I could possibly tell.
Anyway, the guy led me to a computer room and told me I needed to take a quiz. The first question I had to look in this box, where there was an albino python curled up. The question was about some quote that Jesus said, and I had to choose the right one. The quiz was multiple choice, and there were four answers, but they were all similar, so I just picked one that sounded right. I'm not sure what the snake had to do with anything.
The second question was about some castle with a weird tower coming out of the roof at an odd angle. I had to name the castle, and I felt pretty confident because I had learned about some weird castle in spanish class years ago, so I finished that question fairly quickly. After I submitted my answer for that I woke up. And the first thing I did was see if I had ears. Which I did. It was great.
That's some weird stuff man. Weird stuff. Congrats on the ears!
ReplyDelete