So, there was one time in elementary school that I had this dream about a tornado. I've never been particularly fond of tornadoes, ever since there was one near a hotel we were staying at in Davenport. Anywho, I guess my subconscious decided to reinforce this fear, just in case I ever got the feeling that I should start being more buddy-buddy with tornadoes.
So I had this dream, and it started off with a group of people sitting in the middle of a church. The church was entirely empty, except for a television up against the one wall. It wasn't that big, so we were all sitting close together in a group near the TV so we could hear it. Suddenly, there was a news flash on TV that told us a tornado was coming, so we all ran into another room.
This room wasn't on a lower level or anything, so I'm not sure why we thought it was safer, but apparently it was. Like the previous room, there was only one thing in the space, and that was a giant, blue, plastic bucket. Yep. So we all crawled under it and decided to wait out the storm there. Someone in the group had a mini portable TV, so we continued to watch whatever it was that we were watching. Eventually the announcer came on again to say that the tornado had left.
I decided that it was a good idea to go outside at this point. So I left the room and walked out the front door. There was a concrete path that led to the street. At the end of the path was a mailbox with lots of flowers planted around it. And next to the flowers was a pizza box. I got super excited because I was hungry, and pizza boxes obviously meant pizza. So I walked over and picked it up.
At this point the tornado came back, and was at the end of the street. And it sounds silly, but it was upset because the pizza I picked up was his pizza, and he wanted it back. So he came tearing down through the road. I freaked out and ran back into the church, and into the room with the bucket. Once I was back under the bucket of safety though, everything was good, so the random group of people and I continued to watch TV and eat pizza. And that was that.
The moral of the story: don't take the pizza of tornadoes!
ReplyDeleteI feel like you told me about this dream a long time ago. Like whoa. We've known each other a long time.