I'm not really sure where we were, or why we were there. It was almost a forest/jungle area. There were a bunch of people camping out there, with most of them being from Savanna (surprising, I know). I'm not sure if there was some sort of enemy, or gang fight or what, but Evan ended up getting shot. Some guy was half carrying Evan over to me, and then left after dropping him off.
The shot was pretty much above where Evan's heart would be. I was investigating the wound and noticed there was no exit hole for the bullet, but the area it would be was raised a little. When I touched it he screamed out, so I figured he should go to the emergency room. He didn't want to go, though I'm not sure if it was just that he didn't want to go or he didn't want to pay for it. I told him if the cost was less than $2000 I'd pay for it, and he would just owe me.
Somehow I got him to agree to go to the hospital. Which was basically where we were already, so it wasn't that much of a journey. The first thing the people at the ER did was take him in for an x-ray. Of course, I wasn't allowed to come with. But you know when video games have you stuck in one place, but you're still allowed to move your character? That's what I was like. I just kept walking around, running into walls, trying to walk into the x-ray room. There was a nurse standing guard, and every time I came over she would patiently tell me I had to wait. While the x-rays were being taken the light coming from the room was bright blue and cackly looking, like lightning.
After they let Evan out of the x-ray room the guy from earlier was back. We were in the waiting room of the hospital. Another group of three was sitting on a futon and by rocking their bodies back and forth in a varying way they were propelling the futon forward. We proceeded to tell them they were doing it wrong, and that you needed the girl in the center of the futon because she had the ovaries. I have no idea what that had to do with anything, but I think this was somehow related to the balance of the futon. Anyway, the three of us got on another futon. I was in the center, Evan was on my right (still injured) and the other guy was on my left. We showed them the proper technique and because we were doing it right we were moving much faster. Once we reached the far wall we pushed off of it with our legs and slid back to the opposite wall. Luckily, there was enough padding on the back of the futon that it absorbed the shock of the impact.
This is dramatic like whoa! Then you get to the futon driving, and it kind of gets weird. The gang fight though, pretty dramatic. The video game hospital sounds fun. By that I mean frustrating, but also fun.
ReplyDelete