Saturday, January 5, 2013

Chikorita is lame

I was walking down a street with two binders under my arm.  These had some notes from a few of my classes, like some astronomy notes.  But more recently, I had added some information about Pokemon in them.  Because in my dream, today was a big day.  Today was the day I started my Pokemon journey.

First stop I had to make was the Pokemon lab, which I knew was somewhere close to my friends house.  I had to go there first in order to get a starter Pokemon.  I had everything planned out as to what Pokemon I was getting.  The starter I planned on getting was Chikorita, because on my list I had Bayleef written down.  I also had Eevee and another Pokemon, but I don't remember what it was.  All I remember was that it and Eevee didn't get along, so I was going to have trouble there.

I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, and I missed the turn I was supposed to take and kept walking.  Eventually I found a Pokecenter on my right, so I decided to go in.  I headed over to the PC so I could withdraw my Eevee, but remembered that I had to get my starter first, so I left again.  Outside the building there was now a strange train-like technology you could ride around town.  There were openings along the sides, and where those openings were, it was also open to the ground, so you had to jump on a platform quickly.  The whole thing comprised of translucent materials that had glowing advertisements covering it.

I missed the transport thing when it first stopped, but managed to get on as it made its second stop.  Once I was on my section, I looked over and saw Mycroft Holmes on the section next to mine.  I ignored him though, because I was on a very important mission, and couldn't afford distractions.  We both got off at the same stop, but on opposite sides of the street.  He then noticed me and shouted hello and asked where I was headed.  I told him I was going to the Pokemon lab and he wanted to know what Pokemon I was planning on choosing.  I shouted back that I was getting Chikorita, but then felt really silly, so I explained that I wanted a Bayleef, so Chikorita was necessary.  Because Bayleef was cool, but Chikorita was lame.  After that we went our separate ways.

Suddenly, I found myself in a huge grocery store, that had an almost warehouse feel to it.  I was buying food for my upcoming journey, but I only needed enough food for the next week.  I remember picking out a bunch of peaches, but I don't know what else I got.  At the check out line, I saw Mycroft again.  He was in the middle of getting this huge cart full of oreos and butterfingers checked out.  I walked over and said, "Troubles with the diet?"  He explained that the junk food was due to all the stress that Sherlock put him through.  I guess I knew Sherlock too, because I added that the stress wasn't bothering me all that much.  Then I opened one of his boxes of oreos and took some, gave him a sympathetic pat on the shoulder, and headed back over to my own cashier.

When the cashier checked me out, all of my food fit in one bag.  The number on the machine rang up to be $4.99, but the lady checking me out said, "Wow, only four dollars?" so that's all I paid.  The cashier then told me I had to wait and have one of my teachers from high school come over and check to see if I had enough food to last one week.  So my teacher came over and told me I was good, so I set off to start my journey.

1 comment:

  1. But...did you get your Chikorita? I'm concerned you never got your Chikorita.

    ReplyDelete