Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Zookeeping

I believe that I was a type of zookeeper or guardian for this weird zoo.  It didn't have normal animals, but instead had things like vampires and werewolves.  So more mythological beasts.  I don't remember most of them, but I remember that all of us zookeepers had to sneak around their habitats and get something from them, or check up on them or something.

We did this very early in the morning, before dawn.  I know there were vampires, but somebody else had them covered, so I didn't have to go to their exhibit.  Instead I went to the giants exhibit.  There were two female giants.  One was blonde, one had black hair, but both of their hair was very ragged.  For some reason I had to sneak into one of their mouths.  Their mouths were odd, with the teeth out in front, no lips, and under the teeth was weirdly stretched and torn, white skin.  To give you an idea, the part under the teeth looked something like this:





So anyway, I climbed into the mouth of the black haired giant.  At this point both of them woke up.  The blonde giant was worried that the zookeepers were at it again, and wanted to make sure we weren't there, so she wanted to check in the other giants mouth.  Luckily, the black haired giant didn't really care all that much and didn't let the blonde check her mouth.  Soon they went to sleep again and I snuck out to the next exhibit.

My next target was the werewolves, though I'm not sure what I was supposed to be getting.  At this point in the dream the sun had risen, so I wasn't afraid to go check on them, as they would be in human form.  As I approached the habitat, another zookeeper joined me.  All of a sudden, the younger of the two werewolves ran out on all fours, with his teeth barred, acting like he was still in wolf form.  I grabbed a magnifying glass and held it up to the sun to aim a beam of light at the werewolf.  He whimpered and curled up into a ball on the ground, no longer a threat.  Then we went to the older of the two werewolves.  We held up the magnifying glass as soon as he saw us, but he just shook his head and explained he didn't want any trouble.  We proceeded to have an actual conversation with him for a while, but a meeting was called for all the zookeepers.

Everybody gathered on some metal bleachers, and were waiting for the meeting to get started.  Some people were chatting to their neighbors, others checking their phones.  Then I got a text message from somebody that I knew in my dream, but have no idea who they are in real life.  I knew it was a girl with long blonde hair, and she sent me a text asking me out.  I kinda wanted to respond, but I realized that Evan was sitting right behind me, and then I felt like things would get awkward if I responded right then, so I didn't.

1 comment:

  1. Haha. No, say yes in your dreams! It's your dream girl (get it?), Evanna would understand. Also, this zoo kind of freaked me out a little bit. Or maybe a lot. An interesting way to deal with werewolves. And naturally, you needed to go into the mouth of a giant. And the other giant was naturally worried zookeepers might be hanging out in there. Of course.

    ReplyDelete